Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

my favourite hair products






Hello everyone!

Today I thought I'd take you through some of my favourite hair products that I use on a regular basis. Hair products are not something I've discussed here on the blog before, so I thought I'd be a bit different today. I feel like when my hair looks good, everything else seems a little bit better. That being said, however, most of my hair products are quite affordable.


Take a look!




Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Princess Purrfect Hot Styler Spray 200ml, £6
 I received this as a Christmas present last year, but have since repurchased it. It's really affordable and smells absolutely gorgeous. As well as being a heat protection spray, it has the hold of a hairspray which makes it ideal when I curl my hair. It provides hold without being crispy and I also feel like it makes my hair feel soft and shiny whenever I use. I've nearly run out of this, my second bottle, but will definitely be repurchasing soon enough.

Percy and Reed quite frankly flawless finishing polish 
 I'll admit I didn't buy this myself: it was a free gift with my trusty Glamour magazine (as are so many of my new beauty products). They offered free Percy and Reed products two years in a row, and both times I  chose to pick up this finishing polish, which says something about it. I mostly use it when I've curled my hair to loosen up the curls and make them look more relaxed. However, it is great for smoothing flyaways and making that perfect neat ponytail. It has a distinctive but inoffensive scent, and you use so little that my two tubes have lasted me for ages.

Batiste Dry Shampoo (Tropical scent)
 I have tried many of the Batiste scents, and I think this is my favourite (I've got high hopes for the leopard print can though, has anybody tried that?). The 'cherry' scent was deeply disappointing and hardly smelled of cherries at all! I hated dry shampoo for a long time, before I understood how to use it properly and get the most out of it. I mostly use this at night to soak up excess oil before I go to sleep, and it makes my hair look good enough to survive another day. It also smells like a cocktail, which always cheers me up. A staple product on my dressing table!


L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil

I always used to steal my mum's hair oils when I was younger. Once I discovered this wonder product from L'Oreal, which is both affordable and effective, I could finally stop and let her enjoy her expensive hair products. I always comb through my wet hair and apply a generous amount of this to the ends, which I feel makes my hair shiny and soft, reducing frizz and leaving a gorgeous result. I've also used it as a pre-shampooing hair mask, which is absolutely lovely and leaves my hair feeling so soft. It also smells lovely but subtle, which is a plus.

What are your favourite hair products?

No comments:

Post a Comment