Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

august favourites


August has been a very strange month. It feels like it passed very quickly, but I can't really remember what I did! Now that it's over, I've got a list of product that I've really been enjoying this month, with some new items and some rediscovered treasures.




Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette £37
I've had this for years, it's by no means a new item in my make up stash. I go through phases with the Naked palettes, I've always got a different favourite. This month, I made a conscious decision to use Naked 2's cool tones more often, and I'm glad I did. I keep coming back to this baby and think it might be my absolute favourite of the three Naked palettes. It's so versatile and Snakebite is the most beautiful shade.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation £9.99
I've repurchased this foundation so many times over the years, but lately it's been a bit neglected due to my love of using BB creams in the summer. I dug it out of my stash a couple of weeks ago and was reminded of why I like it so much. It's light enough to wear in the summer and gives a gorgeous glowy finish, plus it smell incredible. A definite winner in my book.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hr Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze, £4.99
I get very lazy with my eyeshadow in the summer. It takes a lot of effort to do all the blending and defining and most days I just cannot be bothered. On the days when even my beloved Naked 2 palette seems like too much of a hurdle, I just slap a bit of this Color Tattoo on my eyelids and leave it at that. It's my favourite shade from the range as it always looks gorgeous. It kind of looks like I made an effort, when I most definitely didn't. 

Models Own Speckled Eggs - Dove, £5
I've already written a full review on this if you're interested. This is a gorgeous pale pink shade with speckles in it that make your nails look like mini eggs. This has been my go to shade recently as it looks so cute but requires minimum effort. I'm eyeing up a few more of the Speckled Eggs shades.


Simple Kind to Eyes Soothing Eye Balm, £3.99
 This is a lovely, cheap alternative to all the expensive eye creams out there. I've been applying this every night before bed, and I'm pretty sure that it's done a great job of soothing my unsightly eye bags and making my undereye area look brighter. This is a necessity, since my sleeping pattern in the summer is less than ideal!

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in LA Exclusive, £7.99
I've already written a rave review on these new products from Revlon, so I'll try not to repeat myself. LA Exclusive is the shade I've been reaching for almost every day, a gorgeous wearable pink that's not too bright or garish. I love all of the shades that I've tried so far, but this one is my favourite.

Maybelline Dream Sun Triple Bronzing Powder in Brunette, £5.99
This bronzer has really grown on me since I bought it on a whim a couple of months ago and it's been getting a lot of use in August. I've been using this on my face instead of blusher to make me look less ghostly pale, and I love the finish it gives. It's also really affordable and it's not super shimmery like some drugstore bronzers.

What have you been loving in August?



No comments:

Post a Comment