Pages

Saturday 20 September 2014

autumn lipstick picks


Autumn has to be my favourite season of the year. I love the cooler weather, the chance to wear cosy jumpers and boots, my birthday...hands down, the best time of the year for me. It's also an excuse to break out the darker berry lip shades, and I've gathered a few gorgeous products to recommend to you all.




Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Matte Lipstick in 107, £5.49
In the short time since this lipstick was released, it's become something of a cult favourite. It's a gorgeous, wearable berry colour that doesn't dry out the lips and looks gorgeous when the weather gets cooler. I wouldn't call it a true matte finish in that it's never completely matte or drying, but it's definitely less shiny than the original Kate lipsticks. Plus, it's super affordable!


CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in 308 Ravish
I became pretty obsessed with this line of lipsticks while I was in the US, and this is one of the most autumn appropriate shades.  It's a more purply berry shade, in a similar vein to MAC's Craving but a little bit lighter. This formula is supposed to make your lips softer in seven days, although I haven't worn it consistently enough to see if that's true. It is a very comfortable lipstick to wear however, and may be worth ordering if you can find it!


OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet, £11.50
I'd heard about Lip Tars for years before I finally got my hands on one, and I was instantly in love. You only need a tiny bit of product and it seriously lasts all day. Strumpet is described as a 'seedless grape red' but I'd say it's more of a deep reddish-pink that will look gorgeous when the colder weather hits. These are available in the UK from a number of sites, including Cult Beauty.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 477 Black Cherry £7.49
I'm seriously obsessed with this line of lipsticks. They go on smoothly, have no annoying scent and last forever. This shade is not for the faint of heart and I'm still figuring out the best way to wear it, but it's a deep reddy-purple colour that is dramatic if nothing else.

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon, £23
This isn't the full size of this product: it's the teeny $10 version from the aisle of doom before the till in Sephora. It was a nightmare to photograph because it's so reflective and tiny. This is also becoming something of a cult product due to its matte finish and extensive lasting power. I wore this on holiday and it basically didn't budge all day. Plus, the shade is a classic red which is perfect for all seasons, but which looks especially classy in the autumn and winter.

L-R: 107, Ravish, Strumpet, Black Cherry, Icon
What are your favourite autumn lipsticks?

No comments:

Post a Comment