Pages

Thursday 4 September 2014

my holiday make up bag


By the time you read this, I will (finally) be on my holiday, making my way around the southern states of the USA with my family. I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time, as it's been a pretty stressful year, and I've taken some time to consider what make up I want to take with me. My plan is obviously to buy a lot of new products out there, but I'm taking some old favourites along with me anyway.
Read on to find out what made the cut!







I've had this make up bag for years. It was part of a Benefit gift set that I bought on the plane to Tenerife a long time ago. I'm pretty sure you can't even get it anymore. It's a bit beaten up and I'm on the hunt for a new one, but it's served me well and will do nicely for this trip.

Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation £9.99
I realise that this looks battered and horrible, I'm in need of a new one soon. I've loved this foundation for years and wore it to my graduation. It gives a beautiful finish and I don't find it too heavy to wear in the summer. Hopefully it will hold up in the heat!

ELF Tone Correcting Powder (Cool) £3.95
I don't want to cake on too much make up on a daily basis on holiday, so I don't know how necessary this will be, but it's my holy grail powder for setting my concealer. I wouldn't want to be without it. It will probably get most use in the evenings when we go out for dinner, and hopefully it will make sure my make up stays put.


Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (sample size)
I am always in desperate need of lipbalm. This is a sample size Fresh lipbalm that was part of my Sephora birthday gift two years ago, and I love carrying it around with me. It has a lovely lemon flavour and contains SPF 15, which will be vital. I've often considered buying a full size one of these, but they're just too expensive. I'll ration my sample sizes for as long as I can!

Rimmel Stay Blushed in Pop of Pink £4.49
I love blushers, but I was having trouble deciding which ones to pack. This is my only cream blush, which is kind of why I decided to take it. It's light and easily blendable, and I'm hoping that it won't be too much in the hot weather. It's also a very lovely subtle pink colour, which will be wearable every day.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion, £15

Most of the time I use this for tightlining, but I'll be taking it on holiday with me because it is so long-lasting. It's also much easier to use than liquid eyeliner, which will make getting ready in the morning a much shorter process. The colour is really dark and pigmented, I've loved this eyeliner for a while and may soon be in need of a replacement.

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lip Color in Fairytale
Unfortunately these aren't available in the UK, I found it last time I was in the US and fell in love with the colour. It's a great formula that's easy to wear, but I haven't had many opportunities to wear such a bright colour. I'm going to try and wear it more on holiday and will be trying to find some new shades in this formula to bring home with me.

I hope you're all enjoying the final days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment