Pages

Sunday 5 October 2014

lorac pro: is it worth the hype?


This palette has been absolutely everywhere for as long as I can remember. It's constantly being raved about by beauty bloggers and I've always been curious about whether or not it's as good as people claim. I was lucky enough to get my hands on it when I recently visited the US and I've been very impressed so far.






The palette contains 8 matte shades and then their shimmery 'equivalents': they're not exactly the same shades but they're a similar tone. As you can see, mine's a little grubby because the packaaging has the same sort of rubberised packaging as Nars, which is a veritable fingerprint magnet.  There's also a decent sized mirror, which makes this palette ideal for carrying around in my handbag.


The more neutral shades: Cream is basically the same colour as my skin whereas White is a bit more stark. The only difference that I can see between Nude and Champagne is that Champagne has quite chunky glitter in it, making it more difficult to use. The colours are actually quite similar in themselves.


I really love the line of matte shades, they're really useful and allow you to create a wide range of looks. When I swatched Light Pink it looked really pink, but it doesn't look that intense on the eyes. Light Bronze is probably one of my favourite shades: it's a little bit like Gold but it's lighter and less intense, it's absolutely gorgeous.


If I could only have four shades from this palette, it'd probably be these four. I use Mauve on a daily basis in the crease, it's really pretty. Garnet is so autumn appropriate, I've loved creating new looks with it. Sable seems to have some glitter in it but I'm assuming that's fall out from another shade as it is actually completely matte.


I'm thinking that these four would be absolutely ideal for creating smoky eye looks in the winter, when the party season rolls around. Espresso is my favourite shade for using in the outer corner of my eyes. I also really like Deep Purple, and Black is ideal for use as eyeliner.

L-R: White, Cream, Taupe, Light Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Black
L-R: Nude, Champagne, Gold, Light Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple, Slate
If you can get your hands on this palette, I'd definitely recommend it. I've used it every single day since I bought it and it's so worth the hassle it took to find it.

Have you tried the Lorac Pro palette? Do you want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment